MY Study Tips

by - Thursday, December 29, 2016

I'm the type of person who loves to study on the last minute. I usually took a couple of days before the exam to finish all of the chapters. I do regret it sometimes, but I just can't help it. Heh.

So here, I wanna share some of MY study tips. It probably won't do any good to other people but I still wanna share it anyway.

1. Skim all of your notes


2. Determine unimportant slides/paragraphs and scratch 'em out

This will helps you to spend less valuable time on things that you didn't need to read and focus more on the important parts. Some of the slides/paragraphs are usually repetitive so yeah, scratch that sh*ts out.

3. Plan your study schedule

I usually plan my study schedule in my head. Cause ain't nobody got time to write it on a piece of paper. Jk.


My study schedule looks like something like this:

Morning - Chapter 1 to 3
Evening - Chapter 4 to 6
Night - Chapter 7 to 10

or

Monday - Chapter 1 to 5
Tuesday - Chapter 5 to 10
Wednesday - Examination day

Yeah, it's super simple. Girl, you don't have to be so extra. Less is more baby.  Lol.

4. Follow your study schedule



5. Read your notes and understand it thoroughly even if it would take you longer time to finish it.

Exams are NOT about what you memorize; It's about what you understand.

6. Make short notes. I repeat. SHORT notes.

You're studying on the last minute, so bear in mind, YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO ACTUALLY MAKE PRETTY COLORFUL NOTES. So make it compendious. ( Idk if I use the word compendious correctly or not but you get the idea right?) I usually would compress 2 chapters into a page of an A4 paper.

7. If you are required to answer the questions according to a format (where marks will be given), then write down the format in a piece of paper.

For example,

Question:
What is the accounting treatment for this building?

Answers format:
1. This building is treated as ..........
2. in accordance to ..........
3. because ..........

Doing this will helps you remember what's the important key point that should be included in your answer.

8. Always take some rests. You need it. Don't overworked yourself.


I usually take an hour (or more) of rest whenever I feel like I'm so done with studying. My brain needed it. But still, I'd avoid myself from getting behind schedule.

9. Take pictures of your notes on your phone and review it again before bed. 

My highschool teacher once said that sleeping after you studied can help you remember it better. I'm not sure about this but it works for me. Playing with your phone before you sleep will also make you feel less sleepy. It's not healthy BUT I WAS DESPERATE.

10. Pray. Just pray.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S THE LAST THING YOU COULD DO. NO EXPLANATION NEEDED.


That's all I got. Good Luck to whoever needs it.

Bye.

p/s: STOP STUDYING ON THE LAST MINUTE IF YOU REALLY WANNA PASS THAT TEST BOIII

5 Comment (s)

  1. a really good tips!
    selalunya suka buat nota berwarna warnie. hahhaha :D rindu nak belajar T^T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. I have to say that I'm done with my 'uni phase', but thanks for the tips! I did most of the tips as mentioned. Glad that I managed to grad on time (at least) ALHAMDULILLAH hehehe.. Good luck for those who still struggling with life as a STUDENT! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like to make cute notes and listen to mozart haha

    ReplyDelete