New Look & Websites That I Use

by - Saturday, February 18, 2017



Hi guys.

In case you haven't noticed, I've changed my blog design and template! I'm actually super pleased with the end result. After the long tiring hours, I'm finally done with the customisation and so. I can now say that all of the efforts and time are totally worth it!

I used Blogskin before changing to Responsive Template. I didn't know Responsive Template existed until I saw Sis MayyJie mentioned about it in one of her posts. I forgot which one tho.

The main reason I decided to change my blog template is because it looks so damn ugly and out of place when I try to view it using my handphone browser. And it doesn't even show my sidebar which contains all of the important widgets like cbox and the follow button unless you click the 'view desktop version' or something. The second reason, I'm already sick of the old look and I fall in love with other people's simple yet modest blog design. So, I guess, it's time for me to go for a new and more sophisticated look.

Here's my old blog design in case you've missed it.

And here's my new one.


If you look closer, you can see someone has already noticed the changes.

Here, let me zoom it for ya


Tada! Hahaha. Besides all the kind words that I got from my old post, this little piece of sweetness never failed to make me happy. Thanks Rasya (is it ok for me to call you by your name? Sorry, I don't know your age) for noticing. Hahahahaha. Damn, my heart is soooooo fragile. lol

Moving on!

On the down side, a couple of problems have occurred. Well, nothing is perfect right?

1. The comment section.

Formerly, I used the pop-up window option. The con of using that option is that there's no reply button available. That pretty much explains why I rarely reply to any of the comments. I'm not sombong okay. I use the embedded option now. It's actually the only option that I can use for this template. The pro, there's a reply button. I can now reply to all of you guys comments. Yay! Hahaha. The cons, it takes too much effort to scroll down to get to the comment form and it loads too many times.

Here's a tip: If you're too bloody lazy to scroll down, just click the "end" button on your keyboard.

2. The cbox.

This didn't happened recently. It has been around for quite some time. The cbox will disappears every now and then. But worry no more. I have found the solution to it.

Just remove the "https://" on the blog url above then click enter. If you can't remove the "https://", it means that the owner of the blog had set it to be that way. 

In simple words, the owner chose "yes" for the above setting. If so, there's nothing else you can do.

I don't really mind about those problems 'cos it can be easily solved. But I do mind if my readers are somehow feeling like those things are a bit too much of a hassle. Hahaha.

Anyhow, I'm going to share with you guys the websites that I use that helps me a lot either in writing or designing this blog. (I'm sorry, I'm so bad at transitioning.)

1. Unsplash

Most of my recent photos are from this website. It's totally free, have tons of choices and the pictures are in a superb quality. I chose this website to get photos for my entry because I can do whatever I want with the photos without having to properly credit them.

2. BeFunky

A free online photo editor. It's easy and simple to use. Although, I only use it to add text and to perform some simple editing on my photos. But still, it's a great website because it's hundred percent free. It's the perfect website to make your post thumbnail, in my unpopular opinion because that's what I do. 

3. Gooyaabi

The website where I got this new template. Mine is free, ofcourse; Because I'm a cheapskate. Lot of options and designs to choose. I downloaded a bunch because it was so hard to choose only one. They also included several tutorials in the downloaded file. Wonderful isn't it?

I thought I have more websites to share but turns out, it's only three of 'em. Hahaha. I really should learn to write a draft before actually typing the post. 

That's it fellas. 

Wow, what a long entry. I shall stop here. 

What do you think of my blog new look?

28 Comment (s)

  1. I keep wanting to use responsive template because LOOK AT HOW NEAT AND NICE AND CUTE SIMPLE WHITE THEMED but it just doesn't suit my game (lol, it just something somewhere about my feeling)

    I'm sorry, I thought you didn't like to reply to any comments --' heh. I used Unsplash too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaaaann. I have a really overwhelming urge to use Responsive Template when I saw others are using it. It's super neat right? I love replying comments but I just can't do it before.

      Delete
  2. I love your new template so much! Love responsive template. Senang untuk siqah BW guna phone :)

    And I love your theme color too. Monochrome :D

    And I used Unsplash too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks :D Saya tukar pun sebab Responsive Template ni dia sesuai untuk semua devices. Hehe

      Delete
  3. Eh ada blog saya dimention dalam entry, thanks Puteri, ihihihi, best kan responsive template.

    Pasal cbox tu, yang new look cbox (macam kat blog mai) jenis https.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macam mana sis buat? Ajar pleaseeeeee

      Delete
  4. I love your template now.. Btw, i also use photo at unsplash :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great website isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Responsive Template more friendly to mobile user and nowadays many viewers are using mobile. Nice new template.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, true. It's one of the many reasons why I decided to change my blog template hehe thanks btw!

      Delete
  6. Congrats puteri for your brand-new-website-looks! it's really neat and simple. I knew about it recently but too lazy to change my blog template. It needs a lot of efforts to stare at those html codes. I'm not strong enough for that haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it does need a lot of efforts. Took me daaayyss. But it's worth it. You should try too :)

      Delete
  7. Your new template looks amazinggggg cantik gila <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really love this new templates, so neat and simple :D nice one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your new layout looks so neat and changing the comment section makes commenting easier.

    btw, I'm 23. damn, I'm old. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I should call you 'Sis' then hahaha come on, 23 is not THAT old

      Delete
  10. wuhoooooo! hebaattttt... this one's looking great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally loved your blog template and to be frank I am envy for the sheer amazing effort you give to make those pictures with tittle thingy. I would never be that rajin. I got my template from Gooyabi as well and usually I use Pexels but I would surely try Unsplash since Pexels picture is kinda limited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put on some efforts just for the sake of making my blog looks more pleasant to the eyes. Thanks for the love btw <3

      Delete
  12. i love your new template! it is aesthetically pleasing honestly. neat blog usually attract lots of readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout looks really nice! Thank you for sharing! White background for blogs is really a must! keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete